The Kids Are All Right” Cast Responds to Oscar Noms



The Kids Are All Right.” the movie that plays out every lesbian’s worst fears about her relationship, has racked up quite a few Academy Award nominations. For those of you who aren’t familar with the film, it’s about two lesbians with two kids who’s sperm donator comes into their lives with non-hilarious results. The film has gotten a lot of flack from lesbians who don’t like that one of the lesbian mom’s sleeps with the sperm donor. SPOILER ALERT. Oh, was I was supposed to write that before I gave it away?
The noms include: Best motion picture of the year, Original screenplay, Annette Bening for Best Actress and  Mark Ruffalo for Best Actor. Mark Ruffalo in particular is excited about the film’s nominations, he even see’s them as a win for marriage equality! See his reactions to being nominated and more below:
It is with great honor and humility that I receive my Oscar nomination. I have been included with a group of top-notch actors who I respect and admire. I am humbled to be in their   presence. I also would like to acknowledge the power of ensemble acting. The kind of acting that happened in this movie does not exist in a bubble. Any honor that I receive must be   shared with Julianne Moore, Annette Bening, Josh Hutcherson, Mia Wasikowska, the rest of the cast, and of course the inimitable Lisa Cholodenko. Thank you to the Academy. This nomination is a win for Marriage Equality and that is the most I could hope for.” – Mark Ruffalo  
“4 nominations and 4 kids.  I am damn proud!” – Annette Bening
 
“It’s incredible to think that this morning’s Oscar nominations go back 7 years to the fateful day Stuart Blumberg and I crossed paths in a Los Angeles coffee shop and agreed to write KIDS together. If luck is preparation meeting opportunity, then that was the opportunity, hands down! I’m thrilled that I’ll be at the Kodak Theatre next month with Stuart, Mark Ruffalo, Annette Bening, Jeff Levy-Hinte, and my other producers who worked so hard to get this film made. I only regret that Julianne Moore didn’t get the acting nomination she so richly deserved. But the Picture nomination is as much hers as ours. We couldn’t have made this film without her heart, smarts and loyalty, not to mention her outstanding performance.”  – Lisa Cholodenko
 
“Try as I could to act cool and not care, as soon as I heard our names called, I started crying like a little kid. Pardon the cliché, but this truly is a dream come true. I want to thank the Academy for this most phenomenal honor.” – Stuart Blumberg
 
Also, noticeably not nominated was Julianne Moore. Whynot? Who knows. But the blogosphere is calling it a snub. You know what the real snub is? Mark Wahlberg not being nominated for “The Fighter.” I know I’m a lesbian and I should be more interested in lesbian things, but have you seen that movie? It ROCKED and no lesbians slept with men in it. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...